If you’re struggling to find the motivation to hit the gym, or maybe you don’t enjoy your time there like you used to, it might be time to convince a friend to sign up with you. Working out with a buddy has always been a great way to keep each other accountable and reach your goals together.
Here are some of the benefits of an exercise buddy.
- Accountability: Workout buddies hold each other accountable to get up, get to the gym, push each other hard, and do it all over again! Having someone to call you and motivate you to hop off the couch and lace up your shoes is exactly what you need to push past that fitness plateau and finally start reaching your goals.
- That Extra Push: If you’re struggling to push through that last rep, or finish up that last mile on the treadmill, having a workout buddy can help motivate and encourage you to finish strong. It’s easy to quit early or not push yourself enough when you’re working out alone. Having a friend there incites a little friendly competition, and holds you accountable to reaching your fitness goals.
- Take Risks: Have you ever walked into the gym alone and felt a little shy or intimidated around equipment you haven’t used before? Having a workout buddy by yourself boosts your confidence and allows you to try new workouts and equipment you might not have tried had they not been there with you.
- Spotter: An obvious benefit to bringing along a friend to the gym is to have a spotter. When you’re ready to hit that max lift, or you’re struggling at the squat rack, your best friend will be there to lift you up and cheer you on.
- More Fun: isn’t everything better with your bestie? You can laugh at any of your workout mishaps, catch up with each other in between sets, and enjoy each other’s company! So next time you and your buds are looking for something to do, you can hit up Gold’s Gym SoCal and pump some iron together.
If your friends are all busy and they can’t make it to the gym, try a personal training session with one of our fitness experts! They’ll help guide you through a workout optimized for your fitness goals. Our trainers provide the same benefits that a friend would, with the added bonus of fitness expertise. Download our guide to learn more about how beneficial it is to use a personal trainer who can help you create a custom workout plan.
Ready To Join?
Gold’s Gym SoCal is following all of the precautions to ensure you stay safe while getting fit. Select locations are now open. Join today with no contract, plus get access to our online workout classes. We hope to see you in the gym soon!